Howdy! And thanks for checking out our Shipping Terms and Conditions! We hate “fine print” with a passion, so we take extra steps to be as transparent as possible – hence this document which we hope spells things out in plain English.
We Do Offer “Free Shipping”, But Not On Everything
We offer free shipping in the contiguous United States for all purchases totaling over $799. For these larger orders, we include general shipping through Less than truckload (LTL) freight. These shipments typically take 4-6 days, but are not guaranteed. The reason for the $799 threshold is that our biggest, heaviest products are impossible to calculate accurately, so to make it super simple we’ve averaged out the cost of shipping and included it in the price for these items. Sometimes we win a little, sometimes we lose a little, but it makes things much easier on everyone!
“Free Shipping” Does NOT Include Certain Things
The following will result in additional costs:
- Orders under $799: Smaller orders should correctly calculate costs from available shipping methods. So we let the robots take care of that.
- Liftgate Sevice: If you don’t have a forklift or loading dock, there will be an additional fee. Liftgate delivery service requires a truck with lifting equipment to lower freight to the ground. Carriers charge us additional fees, so we simply pass that along. You can add this service here.
- High-Security Government Facility Deliveries: Added fees apply when delivering to highly secure facilities. Freight companies charge more because the delivery time/cost increases due to specific identification requirements, vehicle inspections and more.
- Limited Hours of Operations: LTL Carriers deliver standard routes and times. Highly restrictive hours of operations definitely increase fees. For example: “Our shipping department only receives from 9 AM to 12 PM Tuesdays thru Thursdays when the moon is in Waxing Gibbous phase”. So make sure you’re available for delivery when it comes!
- Really Remote Locations: We include Residential Delivery fees in our “free shipping”, but sometimes customers live/work in remote (or hard to get to) locations. When that happens, added fees may apply. Ex: We have a customer that lives on a small island; another customer’s shop is deep in the Colorado mountains and another that is hundreds of miles from a major city. You probably know if you fit in this category. 😉
- White Glove Service/Delivery Into Your Shop: FedEx, UPS, USPS and LTL carrier drivers do not unbox, set up or move packages past their drop-off point. For residential customers, this is typically the street (not the driveway). For commercial customers, this is typically the loading dock or receiving door. No matter what, you have to be prepared to accept and move your products on your end.
- Shipping w/ a Specific Carrier: To keep shipping costs (and your product costs low), we shop multiple carriers for the most economical delivery price. That said, we may not select the specific carrier you prefer. If a specific carrier is required, added fees will almost certainly apply.
- Guaranteed LTL Service: If you need your order by an absolute date/time, added services may apply. First, we may need to charge an ‘expedite fee’ to process the order on time PLUS there will be added fees for guaranteed shipment – a service offered by freight carriers that ensures that your shipment will be delivered exactly when you specify. Optionally, we can contract a point to point dedicated delivery when it REALLY has to be there fast.
You can skip the shipping fees with free local pickup at our Houston Area headquarters located at 101 Industrial Ct, Conroe, TX 77301. After placing your order and selecting local pickup at checkout, your order will be prepared and ready for pick up within 7 to 10 business days. We will send you an email when your order is ready along with instructions. If you need to pick up quicker please contact us to discuss and we’ll make every attempt to meet your timelines.
Our in-store pickup hours are 8am-5pm on Monday – Friday. Please have your order confirmation email with you when you come.
Shipping to P.O. boxes
Unfortunately we do not ship to PO Boxes. A physical address is required for delivery of virtually everything we sell because often a person must accept the delivery. We have heard from many clients that had success with getting deliveries sent to friends, relatives or business locations.
Unfortunately we do not offer international shipping at this time. We are happy however to work with clients who can use a third party intermediary shipping company to take care of receipt in the US and International delivery to the end client.
How do I check the status of my order?
When your order has shipped, you will receive an email notification from us which will include a tracking number you can use to check its status. Please allow 48 hours for the tracking information to become available.
If you haven’t received your order within 5 days of receiving your shipping confirmation email, please contact us at email@example.com with your name and order number, and we will look into it for you.
If you created an account when ordering you can also check your ORDERS page.
Thanks For Shopping With Texas Metal Works!
As always, if you have any questions, please give us a call or shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.