30″ x 48″ Plasma / Torch Cutting Table
Our portable plasma cutting table provides a stable surface capable of holding hundreds of pounds worth of material, that also protects you from the downward firing plasma arc and sparks that are just trying to set your legs on fire!
Additionally, we’ve left holes to allow you to add on our 30″ Table Extensions, or the 30″ table handles! So you can option up to a super functional, super professional mobile rig.
Let’s face it – if you need to weld, sometimes you need to cut! Our new cutting table is the answer to the most requested product we’ve ever had! This 30″ x 48″ Plasma / Torch Cutting Table is CNC cut, precision bent on a big ass CNC, and professionally welded out of 11-gauge HRPO steel. We professionally assemble the top so all you’ll need to do is bolt the legs on and weld the cross braces in place!
Due to the fact this table is cut as one giant piece then folded into shape, it is extremely rigid, nice and mobile, and truly versatile! You’ll notice that the sides and bottom of our table are solid! We don’t cut huge holes in the panels to lighten things up for shipping. Open sides expose onlookers’ eyes to dangerous plasma arcs, which definitely wouldn’t meet any OSHA requirements! Not to mention that open sides and an open bottom serve to shoot molten slag right at you!
These tables ship in two boxes, and weigh over 150 pounds. Even though we don’t cut any corners, they’re still light enough to move around, and nimble on their 1,200 pound rated total lock casters. For added utility, you can bolt on our 30″x10″ welding table extensions to one or both sides or add a Welding Table Handle to aid with mobility.
Plasma/Torch Cutting Table Top Features
- A full 30 inch wide x 48 inch long work surface.
- Standard 36″ surface height.
- Fabricated from 11-gauge HRPO steel.
- 15 replaceable slats cut from 11-gauge HRPO steel.
- 2 in x 16 gauge heavy tubular steel framing and legs.
- 4″ swivel casters with Total Lock Brakes rated over 1,200 pounds.
- Weighs approximately 150 lbs. with legs and casters.
- Professionally assembled and guaranteed forever!
More Details — Here’s Why Our Table Is Simply Better
Our table is quite different from anything else available because not only do we design the products – but we use them as well! And let’s face it, sometimes small things can make a big difference!
First of all, our entire plasma cutting table is formed from a single sheet of steel on a giant CNC press brake. Not only does that mean there is no fixturing, squaring up and welding for anyone to do, but it also means that every seam is a continuous piece of steel. This gives the entire assembly far greater strength than something pieced together and tacked in a few key spots.
Another big differentiator is that our legs actually bolt onto the bottom of the table. This means if you ever need to change them out, there isn’t any cutting or grinding involved! This table could be mounted anywhere you like by simply matching up our standard bolt pattern. Plus, let’s face it – 2″ tubular steel tubing is super overkill for this table! But that way we all know, they’re never gonna fail on you.
After bending and welding the main body of our plasma table, we add a center slat support that serves three purposes:
- The grooved V-shaped support strengthens the slats by supporting them in the middle. We also cut the slots tight in order to keep the slats from flopping around and making a bunch of noise as you roll the table around. (We learned that from prototyping!)
- The center support is just wide enough to cover the center slot we cut in the bottom of the table for sweeping out debris. This protects your feet and legs from direct flame and falling hot objects. Of course, incidental sparks and things can make their way around it! But it should shield you from much of the danger.
- Finally, the center support provides additional structural rigidity. In fact, we typically hold these units by that center support when loading them into boxes for shipping.
All of this means when you receive your new table the only thing left for you to do after unpacking and bolting the legs on, is to weld the cross bracing in place and you’re good to go!
Packaging and Shipment
One of the other nice things about these tables is that we can use traditional shippers like FedEx. We pack the entire table into a heavy-duty two-part box which weighs about 149 pounds (purposely enough to be just under the max weight limit!), plus a companion box that includes casters and all the necessary bolts. Your box will look pretty much like this.
So make sure you have a dolly, or a friend, to help move the box when it arrives. We don’t want any members of the Texas Metal Works family throwing their back out!